Penn Foster Exam
007500RR – THE MIDDLE AGES AND THE RENAISSANCE
1. Which instrument’s parts were never notated in the Middle Ages?
2. Native American chant incorporates meaningless sung syllables called _______, which serve as a form of melodic instrument.
B. duple meters
C. drone basses
3. Whereas today we have only two modes (major and minor), medieval composers had _______ additional modes.
4. An example of a percussion instrument is the
5. Which song exemplifies four-voice Renaissance polyphony, with each voice playing an equally important role?
A. “My Lord Help Me to Pray”
B. “Since Robin Hood”
C. “Sing Joyfully”
D. “The Cricket”
6. What invention during the Renaissance period enabled people to purchase music for their own personal use?
A. Electronic recording
B. Faster delivery service
C. Instruments for trained transcription workers
D. Printing press
7. Rhyme singing is an African American _______, which means that it combines different forms of belief and practice.
8. Smooth, stepwise movement within a melodic phrase, subphrase, or statement is known as
9. Which one of the following was one of the most popular instruments in Medieval and Renaissance times and occasionally involved the use of plectrum to play it?
D. Organ portative
10. _______ music is closely associated with the Rastafarian religion.
11. If you’re studying the science of sound, you’re studying which of the following?
12. Roy will play a melody in triple meter and place the pulse of the meter on the first beat. Chuck will play the triple meter melody and place the pulse of the meter on the third beat. Who is playing the melody with the correct pulse?
A. Neither is playing the melody correctly.
C. Both are playing the melody correctly.
13. A/An _______ is the interval between two pitches of the same name.
B. whole step
14. Renaissance composers used which of the following to create polyphonic textures?
B. Ternary forms
15. _______ is the predominant form of music in Native North American Indian culture.
B. Secular song
16. Von Bingen’s Play of Virtues is set to which of the following types of music?
A. Liturgical plainchant
17. A measured performance that adheres consistently to the duple meter would be read as
18. The basic framework for ordering music through time is the
19. until about the _______ century, music was transmitted orally, not in written form.
20. Who of the following wrote a morality play that could be likened to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings?
A. William Byrd
B. Guillaume de Machaut
C. Hildegard von Bingen
D. Thomas Weelkes
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Academic Solvers has put together a group of highly qualified writers with a wide range of expertise in the online writing community. Our goal is to become your one-stop shop for all academic and online writing needs. Take a look at our fantastic service below!
At Academic SolversEditing your research paper could prove to be difficult especially amidst the tight schedules that students have. At academicsolvers.net, we offer research paper editing services. The services include proofreading and use of online platforms such as Grammarly and Turnitin to address any concerns that may arise within the paper. Get our services and you will have satisfactory results.
Custom Research Paper
Writing a research paper could be quite hectic especially if it is your first time. Identifying the research topic, finding the references and interpreting information could pose significant challenges. However, this should not be issues of concern anymore. At academicsolvers.net, we offer solutions to research papers. We deliver plagiarism free and quality research papers that are customized to suit your needs.
Despite writing expertise and skills, you are never guaranteed of error free papers. Academic solvers’ online proofreading services leaves no mistake unaddressed. We go through your paper using a variety of online tools that help to ensure that we edit your paper and make it error free. We have collected a group of experts hence can guarantee quality proofreading services.
Cheap Research Papers
Do you have difficulties writing your research paper? Are you afraid of the cost of hiring a professional to write your research papers? Worry no more. At academicsolvers.net we address both of your problems. We are equipped with a large number of professional writers. Second, we offer our research paper writing services at cheap prices that are largely affordable. Don’t miss this chance. Order our cheap research papers today.
College assignment could be one of the biggest challenges to students especially working with tight schedules. Academicsolvers.net acts to bridge this gap existing between getting satisfactory grades and meeting deadlines. Our college assignment professionals provide students with quality, plagiarism free and confidential assignment help that helps them to achieve desired grades and outcomes.
Essays are some of the most critical elements in the academic life of a student. At academic solvers we prioritize providing quality essays. As such, our professional ensure that they address issues of grammar, structure and plagiarism to provide essays that meet the need of the client. Here, we focus on developing content that aims at addressing the subject in question through the expertise of our professional and experienced writers. Try our services and we guarantee succes.