Directions: It is suggested that you take a few minutes to plan and outline each answer. Spend approximately 60 minutes answering each question. Illustrate your response with substantive examples where appropriate. Make sure your answers are typed, spell-checked, double-spaced, and regular 12 font.
Chapter 1: The Study of American Government
1) What are THREE answers to the following question according to the text, “Who governs?” Which of the three answers do you feel is most correct? Explain.
Chapter 2: The Constitution
1) Politics is known as the “art of compromise”. List and explain THREE (3) compromises that the Framers created at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787? Of the three, which is most relevant today? Explain.
Chapter 3: Federalism
1) What are TWO (2) strengths and TWO (2) weaknesses of American federalism for promoting representative democracy? How is the same sex marriage debate an example of American federalism?
Chapter 4: American Political Culture:
1) What are the FIVE (5) elements of American political culture, and how is EACH element reflected in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution?
Chapter 7: Public Opinion
1) What do the latest public opinion polls indicate about how Americans feel about Congress and the President, AND how high or low (by historical standards) is the level of public approval of each? You will need to look on-line for the most recent public opinion polls like the Pew Center as an example. Why are the approval ratings the way they are for BOTH Congress and the President? Explain.
Chapter 8: Political Participation
1) What is the voter turnout rate in last THREE (3) Presidential elections in California, and how did it compare to the voter turnout rate nationally? Was there a significant difference between the national rate and the rate in California? What are at least TWO (2) factors do you suppose might explain it?
Chapter 9: Political Parties
1) Which of the TWO (2) major political parties in the United States are most likely to face alignment in the coming years and why? Which of the two major political parties does your ideology most align with? Explain.
Chapter 10: Elections & Campaigns
1) What are the 4 Ts (like Time and Theme) when running for POTUS (President of the United States)? Why are Iowa and New Hampshire so important when running for POTUS? Should American elections be restricted in length and in cost as seen in Great Britain? Explain.
Chapter 11: Interest Groups
1) What was the ruling in the landmark Supreme Court cases Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (2010)? Did the decision apply only to businesses or to all “corporations” including incorporated labor unions, and do you suppose that the election will significantly increase campaign- related or other political spending by the interest group in the future?
Chapter 12: The Media
1) How has the 24/7 news cycle including social networking influenced the way the public views and is educated on political issues? Cite at least THREE examples in support of your claim.
Chapter 13: The Congress
1) If you could change TWO (2) things about how Congress works, what would that be? Explain.
Chapter 14: The Presidency
1) List and explain THREE (3) ways U.S. Presidents are more AND less powerful than the British Prime Ministers?
Chapter 15: The Bureaucracy
1) Even though reforming the bureaucracy is difficult, what are TWO (2) reform that you think must occur within the federal bureaucracy? Explain.
Chapter 16: The Judiciary
1) Do you think federal judges should exercise restraint or be activists judges? Explain.
Chapter 5: Civil Liberties
1) Consider the issue of privacy and governmental searches of individuals’ computer files. Describe in this case how you would balance civil liberties with the need for government authority. When or under what circumstances do you think government should be able to access and search an individual’s computer files without his or her knowledge or consent? What limits, if any, would you place on government’s ability to do this?
Chapter 6: Civil Rights
1) What is the social purpose of the government recognition of the institution of marriage? Why does the government sanction this form of contract? How does the issue of the gender of each participant in a given marriage fit into the discussion?
Chapter 17: The Politics of Public Policy
1) What are TWO (2) advantages and what are TWO (2) disadvantages to instituting term limits on members of Congress? Which side do you support? Explain.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Academic Solvers has put together a group of highly qualified writers with a wide range of expertise in the online writing community. Our goal is to become your one-stop shop for all academic and online writing needs. Take a look at our fantastic service below!
At Academic SolversEditing your research paper could prove to be difficult especially amidst the tight schedules that students have. At academicsolvers.net, we offer research paper editing services. The services include proofreading and use of online platforms such as Grammarly and Turnitin to address any concerns that may arise within the paper. Get our services and you will have satisfactory results.
Custom Research Paper
Writing a research paper could be quite hectic especially if it is your first time. Identifying the research topic, finding the references and interpreting information could pose significant challenges. However, this should not be issues of concern anymore. At academicsolvers.net, we offer solutions to research papers. We deliver plagiarism free and quality research papers that are customized to suit your needs.
Despite writing expertise and skills, you are never guaranteed of error free papers. Academic solvers’ online proofreading services leaves no mistake unaddressed. We go through your paper using a variety of online tools that help to ensure that we edit your paper and make it error free. We have collected a group of experts hence can guarantee quality proofreading services.
Cheap Research Papers
Do you have difficulties writing your research paper? Are you afraid of the cost of hiring a professional to write your research papers? Worry no more. At academicsolvers.net we address both of your problems. We are equipped with a large number of professional writers. Second, we offer our research paper writing services at cheap prices that are largely affordable. Don’t miss this chance. Order our cheap research papers today.
College assignment could be one of the biggest challenges to students especially working with tight schedules. Academicsolvers.net acts to bridge this gap existing between getting satisfactory grades and meeting deadlines. Our college assignment professionals provide students with quality, plagiarism free and confidential assignment help that helps them to achieve desired grades and outcomes.
Essays are some of the most critical elements in the academic life of a student. At academic solvers we prioritize providing quality essays. As such, our professional ensure that they address issues of grammar, structure and plagiarism to provide essays that meet the need of the client. Here, we focus on developing content that aims at addressing the subject in question through the expertise of our professional and experienced writers. Try our services and we guarantee succes.